MAKE A CHANGE
A career with Independent Assessment Services
If you’re a motivated health professional looking to broaden your skills, earn a competitive salary and achieve a better work-life balance, we have the job for you.
We're currently recruiting for disability assessor roles across the UK and there's never been a better time to make a change and join our team.
Conducting face-to-face or telephone consultations, our claimant-facing clinical colleagues work closely with PIP claimants to deliver high quality consultations, ensuring that the claimant experience is exceptional.
Similarly, colleagues based in our main office locations ensure that the claimant’s experience of the process is first-class, and the reports produced are of a consistently high quality.*
*Due to the coronavirus pandemic and the suspension of face-to-face consultations by DWP, our clinical teams are currently home-based.
Job Type Full and part time Profession Health professional jobs Location Nationwide Salary £32000 - £41000 per annum
In this varied role as a disability assessor you will:
- Be the point of contact during the consultation stage for individuals with a wide range of health conditions and disabilities
- Clinically evaluate all evidence from the claimant
- Liaise with a range of clinical peers across the NHS and private healthcare sector, charities and support organisations to produce detailed reports and evaluate evidence from PIP claimants
- Learn about a wide range of health conditions.
We're looking for qualified nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and paramedics with clinical knowledge, experience and skills including:
- Broad-ranging clinical experience working with adults
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to draw on your experience as a clinical expert in your area
- General IT skills and an ability to type notes accurately during the consultation (30 words per minute).
Every case is different, and no two days are the same, so to thrive in this role as a disability assessor will need to:
- Have a minimum of two years' experience as a physiotherapist, occupational therapist, paramedic or nurse
- Be HCPC / NMC registered
- Have a proven record of relevant Continual Professional Development (CPD).
In return, you can expect excellent benefits, including:
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
- Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
- Life assurance, private medical insurance, and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual professional registration fee
- Health screening every two years (after one year's service)
- Flexible benefits tailored to your needs including travel or dental insurance, cycle to work scheme and more
- A robust induction programme and ongoing training and peer support, enabling revalidation of your professional clinical registration
- Opportunities to progress into more senior positions across the business.